Crate Rental in Reading
If you are planning to move home or office and live in the Reading area of the UK, why not hire or buy moving crates, boxes and packaging online from us here at Crate Hire UK?
If you'd prefer the convenience of hiring strong and durable plastic crates instead of buying traditional cardboard boxes for your move, you'll find a massive range to choose from here. You can also use our home moves calculator to work out how many crates you'll need and once you've ordered, if you realise you need the crates for longer, we can simply and easily arrange for you to keep hold of them until it's convenient to have them collected.
Facts About Reading
- Reading is the biggest town that doesn't have city status in the UK.
- In 1958 the first ever Little Chef restaurant opened on Oxford Road in Reading.
- During Elizabethan times, Reading was described as "the principal town of Berkshire for wealth and beauty".
- When the plague broke out in London in 1665 people thought to be infected were prevented from entering Ready by specially appointed wardens.
- Reading appointed the first ever female professor at University College Reading (now known as the University of Reading). Edith Moreley was appointed Professor of English Language in 1908.
- In recent years Reading has become well known for it's music festival, one of the biggest music festivals in the UK.
- Henry I was buried at Reading Abbey without his brain, heart or eyes as his body had to be shopped across the channel to the abbey and it was feared that these body parts might rot.
- Greyfriars Church in Reading is believed to be the most complete surviving example of Franciscan architecture in England.
- In 1538 Reading Abbey was destroyed thanks to Henry VIII Dissolution of the Monasteries.
- The borough of Reading has the best A Level results in the country.
We Are Here To Help
If you have any questions relating to the service we offer or the crates and moving equipment on our website, get in touch with us here.