GDPR affects the way we collect and use information about visitors to our website, and makes it easier to find out what information we may hold about you. It also makes it easier for you to request that we remove your information from our database.
GDPR also affects the way we track users on our website using cookies.
1. What information do we gather?
1.1 We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website). We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site and ensure that our site and services run properly.
2. How do we gather information?
2.1 Information is gathered by using our website, to book hire crates and purchase packaging for delivery or collection.
3. Use of your information
3.1 We might use your personal information to:
(1) remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies. You can prevent this; section 5 deals with this in more detail.
(2) ensure any products or services you receive are correctly administered.
(3) contact you by email, mail or telephone to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which, in some cases may be provided by third parties).
(4) ensure materials on the website are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
(5) collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage.
3.2 If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you tell us otherwise.
4. Accessing and updating your personal information
4.1 You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send an email to [email protected] There will be an administrative charge of £10 for providing a copy of this information.
4.2 If you would like us to remove your details from our database, please contact us. We will remove your details from our database within one month, in compliance with Article 17 of GDPR.
(1) remember you when you visit this website to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the website.
(2) make our website work as efficiently as possible.
(3) keep track of your shopping basket so that it remembers your items when you return to the site. We may send you email reminders or offers related to items in your basket.
5.3 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
6.1 We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
7. Disclosing your information
7.1 We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
7.2 We sometimes share your personal information with third parties who are our subcontractors or providers of various products and services on our behalf.
7.3 We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
8. Where we store your personal information
8.1 The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") in order to carry out the activities listed in “Use of Your Information”.
9. Changes to this Policy
9.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
10. If you don't feel we're adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
10.1 If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at [email protected] and we will try to solve the problem promptly.
This Policy was last updated on May 2018.